Sunday, February 28, 2010

Awakening

I have been learning many spiritual lessons from Stake Conference, Stake RS Conference, Scripture study with a friend each week, among other sources that have been truly inspiring.. now if I can only get them into action! Step 1..is that I am trying to not be on the computer as much! (oh, my natural man!)
-Service to others
-Keeping home organized and clean
-Making time for Scriptures
-Growing my relationship with my spouse
-Being a better wife
-Being a better mother
-Being a better friend, but learning deeper that my husband is my BEST!
-Getting to bed earlier (don't look at the time of this post)
((..no, I said DON'T ;) ))
..are among a few others I am trying to work on.
I feel the Lord is helping me grow into the person He wants me to be. I feel I have been hiding under a bushel for a while and I'm starting to see His vision and purpose for me a little more clearly..I think it's ALWAYS going to be a project (if that's the right word) because I'm human, and mortal, and imperfect..but I know I have to submit my will..Put MYSELF -my WHOLE self..on the alter, if I want Him to be able to work through me and help me become a better person. I have so much to learn and do!

One thing I REALLY liked that one of the guest speakers at Stake RS Conf. said was that..

God WILL give us trials we can't handle, otherwise, why would we need the atonement..what should be said is "God will not give me any trials I can't handle, WITHOUT THE LORD'S HELP!" One of those "AH HA!" moments! That is why, especially in the hardest times, we need to turn to him and rely more fully upon him and the Atonement. He has already suffered and been through it all, we are all of GREAT worth in the sight of God. His hands are already outreached to us.. we have to reach out for His! anyway..I love life and learning!

That's all for now! night.

No comments: