Tuesday, May 25, 2010

“Behind Every Good Man” –by John Bytheway

I have made it my new job to start reading more books! I have read a few really good ones recently and my friend said I need to write down my ..Clift Notes so I can look back later and remember what I liked/learned from them! I need to start that but thought I’d write a little here!

I recently read a book by John Bytheway called “Behind Every Good Man”. It was a great book. It has many quotable moments for me to write, but one of the quotes that I liked in it (quoting a landscaper)said:

“The grass isn’t greener on the other side,  the grass is greener where you water it!”

Just a little food for thought about building relationships! I love my husband very much! With most every new marriage we have to learn how to work together. I think that is why I liked it.. I can’t just think..well in 5 years from now, or 10 years or 30..we have to work on these things now! Love now, help and serve more now! Make each other’s lives more enjoyable and happy now!

Jared and I really enjoy spending time together, so I know one day when the kids are eventually gone from home, we will still be close. I am really trying to make a more conscious effort to spend more one on one time now though and have a few goals for that. He needs me just as much..(sometimes more) than my kids do! I have been learning that. He is my best friend.

No comments: