Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

Our friends invited us to decorate gingerbread houses… er.. graham cracker houses!! Graham crackers are definitely the way to go!!  We had a blast!

IMG_0079

Working hard!

I think Ella ate most of her candy before it made its way to her house.. but she had fun!

Gid was quite proud of his masterpiece!

IMG_0082IMG_0083IMG_0085

I think this is the fist “family picture” we have had in months.. I really need to get on that!

IMG_0089

Becky’s Royal Icing recipe was the perfect consistency and held the houses together so well! I’m writing it here so I know where to find it for the future! :)

Royal Icing:

3 egg whites at room temperature

1/2 t cream of tartar

4 c powdered sugar

Beat for 7-10 minutes. Keep bowl covered under a wet cloth so the frosting doesn't dry out.

Thanks for a fun time Brunson family! 

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments: