Thursday, September 9, 2010

Home again Home again

Well, we’re back home, and back to life. I still don’t feel completely settled. The summer was a lot busier than I had anticipated, but it was a blast. I feel like a lot is happening right now in our life and it’s not going to slow down for a while. J has about 1 year of school left! He enters the ‘Student’ Clinic this tri which is a big step we feel like we’ve been waiting for for a while. A lot of changes are happening in our little ‘village’ with people graduating, moving in and sadly-out..and I think a lot of changes happening with me too. Not sure exactly what..just figuring  things out I guess! Refining myself I think. Even with all the excitement this summer, I feel like I have learned a lot about myself. It has been a blessing!  I feel I am very blessed to have a husband that works so hard to provide for us now and or our future. Blessed for my two wonderful, sweet, amazing kids that bring so much joy and happiness each day. We have many comforts that we enjoy that we try not to take for granted. I feel blessed to have some close friends, an amazing group to work with in my calling and family that supports me in whatever life throws our way. So, we’ll see what tomorrow brings! G’night!

 

Some things I have learned this summer..

My Grandmother’s are AMAZING women! I mean, I knew it before, but being able to spend time with them, as an adult myself, I feel I appreciate the women they are more deeply.

I love my Grandpa R. He is my rock! He is so loving and genuine and full of FAITH. He is a great example, and it helps me want to be a better me. I love that, even with 20something grandchildren, he takes the time to call me specifically to tell me he loves me and that I am special.

I miss my Grandpa G. He was a great man. Life it too short. We need to tell the people in our lives how much they mean to us. And never forget them when they are gone.

I like to read! I read a couple books so far this summer and it was so enjoyable. I want to read to my children more often and help them develop that love! (we went to the library today!)

I need to spend less time involved with electronics and more time being a better person! (as I sit here catching up on my blog!) ~More time improving and perfecting myself

I am loved. I deeply love people.

I need to learn from my mistakes and let the past be the past. Repent, forgive, and move on. To be happy.

….anyway..that is just a few things.

No comments: