Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunflowers

J grew some Sunflowers this year. He did it a few years ago too and they were gorgeous..Last year they didn’t work out at all, and this year he had quite the struggle with sticky little neighbor friends..but alas! He ordered some online for pretty cheap and they are so pretty! …falling over, but pretty! The regular, yellow ones that you usually see I didn’t get a picture of in time, but these are the other 2 colors he grew! Aren’t they pretty! The color is actually distorted a little, the red one is actually deeper than it appears in the picture.

IMG_3096 IMG_3105

The other day we also found a HUGE caterpillar, I would say a good 4 inches at least. It was bright green and very pretty. It was crawling up our back screen.. “Dreaming of wings and flying away” is what G keeps telling me (it’s from the ‘signing time’ dvd’s!)

IMG_3031

That is G’s shoe if it gives you any perspective..He was very excited about it!

1 comment:

whitney said...

Ahhh, so pretty. That caterpillar is HUGE! My kids would've been thrilled but I would've been a little squimish about the whole thing. I'm a pansy like that.