Friday, June 4, 2010

Hydrangea

Hooray! My hydrangea is growing! These are my favorite flowers and remind me of my mission. There are a lot of them in VA.! J gave it to me 2 years ago for Mother’s day and said it would take a couple years to start blooming. It started to get buds the end of last summer..but never bloomed. I have patiently waited! And this year it started! I LOVE it!! It has 3 now and a few more coming on,..but all three are different colors. Blue, pink and purple. The color has to do with the acidity of the soil. Anyway. I am enjoying it!

 IMG_1733

1 comment:

Hailee and TJ said...

Did you know the acidity in the soil is what makes the hydrangias be different colors? If you want to experiment with them...look up ways to put more acid to the soil. I know certain types of plant growth but you could try adding different soil to one side of the plant too. Those are so pretty. I can't wait to have a yard!