Peanut Butter Vegetable Chicken Soup
Here is the recipe I got mine from. http://allrecipes.com/
It is good the way it is, but I like to change it up a little… here’s my version:
Ingredients
- 3 chicken breasts diced, cooked
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cup peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Cook chicken breasts with garlic and dice. Meanwhile, add chicken broth, potato, and carrots to pot and simmer for 10 minutes to soften veggies. Add Broccoli and simmer about 5 minutes more. Add chicken, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Add PB and stir in until dissolved. Enjoy!
So, you see, I left a few things out of the original recipe because I didn’t have them on hand. I probably would have added the onion, but I’’m not fond of ..soggy celery myself. My son enjoyed it..baby is too little to eat PB. My husband and I loved it. He added some Sriracha Sauce to spice it up.. I enjoyed some Red Thai Chili Paste I added to my bowl.
1 comment:
Peanut butter, huh? How interesting! I have a really good chicken soup recipe that I love, but it's never occurred to me to add broccoli to it. I might have to try that next time!
Post a Comment