What a wonderful weekend and time it has been. I have really enjoyed this Easter. It’s preparation and mostly it’s PURPOSE. My friend and I try to get together once a week or so and read scriptures and talk about the Gospel together. I have loved it so much!
We find something to study during the week, then, when we get together we discuss it, and then read something different together. Anyway, last week we studied the Atonement which was something we picked a few weeks ago, but then hadn’t been able to get together for a couple weeks due to Spring Break…anyway, it was very fitting to discuss it this week and has helped me think and focus on it a lot more during this time.
I love Easter. I am so thankful for the Atonement and for the Resurrection. For Jesus Christ taking upon himself ‘the sins of the world my sins –every one, however major an act or minor thought it could be. What He went through , for us, for me, was a hard thing. He was a sinless man, a perfect man. He was half God and so was able to endure, but he was half mortal, and so had to feel the pain with every breath. At the very moment when he wanted to let go, he forsake himself and held on, for the sake of all, saving all. He loves us so much.
He was crucified and is Resurrected and likewise, as we accept His sacrifice and The Great Plan of Salvation, we too can one day be resurrected in all glory to stand with the Father and our families and all those whom have gone before.
This is what I know to be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment