Thursday, April 29, 2010

Junior Table!

I found this at one of my recently-found websites that I have been drooling over! Literally..everything I see on there.. I WANT to build! It has gotten me SO excited. SO, with a BEAUTIFUL day I ran to Lowe’s, purchased some wood that they pre-cut to size for me, and came home to build. I had a saw of my own for a couple diagonal cuts that I needed and I am getting a sander next month..so that part will have to wait.

As I said, the boards were all cut to length for me at the store, so I just had to measure and cut a few angles, pre-drill a few holes,  and screw it together. I’m going to sand paint and weatherproof it next, but I just couldn’t wait to share!!

From this:

IMG_1564

With the help of this:

IMG_1569knockoffwood big kids picnic table 6  

(picture f/knock-offwood.com)

Through this!

IMG_1582IMG_1583

To This!!

IMG_1589

He LOVES it, and so do I!! We had lunch on it right after. It’s a little small for me, but I can still sit :)!!

The wood cost just under $20 and the box of screws was about $5. The instructions for the medium size table says 6 2”x4” @8’..but actually you only need 5 if you get it cut right!

Check out this site if you haven’t! I can’t believe it took me so long to find! Well, she has only been at it for 6 months I guess..but it’s AMAZING!!

I {heart} knock-off wood!

4 comments:

Hailee and TJ said...

I love it! Good job! It looks like Gid had fun buildling it too. Cute little kid! Love the pictures!

Katee said...

So jealous! I wish I had a place to build a table like that...and a kid to sit at it too! Way to go sis!

Hermes & Amy said...

I absolutely LOVE it! lol Its so fun. Im glad you did it. Cant wait to see it painted tho. What color?

Johnson Family said...

The Hermes and Amy post is from me. Whit. Im using my friends computer and didnt know they were logged in.