I’m back again. I feel like every few posts I am telling that
I’ve been gone a while and am back again, but ..here I am. Spent a week and a half with the folks. J is in Finals. We went down the week before because he had about 3 big tests that week as well. This last two weeks he’s had 6 tests so far and has his last 2 tomorrow. Poor guy. He doesn’t do well under stress, but he does try very hard. Unfortunately the tests are NOT multiple choice. The kids are still at Grandma’s and Grandpa’s houses for a few more days. I came back early to help Jared with some studying, and just to be here for some moral/emotional support. We were up till about 11 last night and then b
ack up at 5 this morning. I enjoy it being just the two of us for a few days. I do miss the kids..but sometimes, it’s nice to have a little break. I know Jared really missed me too, and I him, so it’s fun to have some time for us- however stressful it may be!
I’m trying to get a lot of things done that is easier to do without taking the kids out and along. Bills paid, car tags, errands, crafts ..although that involves being outside for what I am doing, and it’s been pouring all day..so, that isn’t getting as done as I’d like. As I mentioned before
, I am in a little book club and we are reading a new book now. I t’s called “Out of My Mind”, by Sharon Draper. It is really good so far. About 300 pages long, but it’s a juvenile book, so it’s a pretty fast read. About a young girl that is handicapped and in a wheel chair. She is super smart, but can’t communicate so no one knows it. Anyway. I’m getting that read as well as “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
” by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer which takes place on the island of Guernsey in the English Channel just after WWII. Basically a compilation of letters between the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and a few Londoners. I am further along in this book and really enjoying it. Well, that is what I am doing. I think the kids will come home tomorrow or Sat., but if J has to retake anything, they won’t be back till Monday. Can’t wait for J to be on BREAK –we’re staying HOME this time! Yeehaa!
G is almost into the “terrible 3’s” and E is cutting teeth and starting to crawl. Pics of them soon..I promise Grandma!
1 comment:
I don't know how I missed that you were moving to a new blog! So glad I found you! Sounds like things have been crazy-busy, but yay! for a kids free mini-break!
Post a Comment